14 June 2010

You Can Call Me Al

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Wow, what a night I had last Wednesday night! I dined in Royal Oak at my favourite vegetarian/vegan restaurant the Inn Season Cafe and afterwards dream cruised down Woodward Avenue to the Crofoot Ballroom to see one of my favourite bands. Sometime in between all that I was able to capture my ballet inspired outfit before it went crazy from dancing.

Photobucket
See that? The Kings of Convenience are generally a mellow band. When they played one of my favourite songs off their new album Declaration of Dependence, "Rule My World," singer Erlend Øye jumped into the audience and started dancing. I thought I had missed my chance to dance with him when he was right in front of us. However, when they played "You Can Call Me Al" by Paul Simon as their last song of the night and Erlend instructed the audience to make a dancing circle and jumped into it, I knew it must be fate. Once that was over, he told all us good dancers to make our way on stage and help him sing the song. If you can stand it, heres me doing that:



My favourite part of that video is my exclamation "I can't believe this." I couldn't, and I still can't.

It was divine.

POST EDIT:
I almost forgot...

Body:
$5.00 white tank top from H&M
$6.00 pink ruffle tank top from J.Crew
$2.00 belt from Forever 21
Legs: $6.00 leggings from Target
Feet: $30.00 skimmers from Urban Outfitters - this was back when I thought Urban Outfitters had hung the moon and $30.00 shoes on sale was a deal. I've become wiser since 2007. However the shoes have held up quite a while. . .

No comments :

Post a Comment