27 October 2011

DOWN & OUT








I love tights so much. I'm sure you've already recognized my love for tights, all different styles and colors. I love them because they are comfortable, like a second skin. They can add so much to an outfit. The best part about tights is that they allow me to wear dresses, skirts, shorts in the fall and winter months without much discomfort. 

Tights are so delicate though. Sometimes I can be an impatient person, something tights just can't tolerate. Tights demand a patient, gentle hand to handle them. Otherwise, they tear and rip to shreds while you pull them over your feet and legs. I usually purchase tights a little bigger than the suggested size because I've found that a. my legs are longer that my torso, and b. that larger tights make for less rips. 

Not that I don't love the edge that torn tights can give. Holy tights can add a lot of needed texture to an outfit. But sometimes I just want particular pairs of tights to stay intact. Like these polka dot tights I purchased. I love them, how sheer they are, the small dots. I had only worn them one time, for this outfit, and the second time - holes. I was so bummed. 

I think they add sophistication while maintaining a bit romantic and whimsical. Now they just scream anger, grunge, goth. That's not entirely my style. But I suppose I'll have to take it for now.


Love,

Rachel Beth




Images taken by Brian Garcia of Hate Your Answering Machine.

3 comments :

  1. do you prefer a reinforced toe on your stockings? did this pair have them? seems to help but then hard to wear open toe shoes... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the tights so much!! awesome outfit!!
    maybe you would like to enter my romwe giveaway:)
    http://mychoicesaremystyle.blogspot.com/2011/10/romwe-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Marie Stella! I'll check it out! :D

    Also, to Anonymous - I would prefer it because I do get nasty little holes in the foots of my tights, but I've never found tights like that! Do you know of any?

    Thanks for the comments!

    Love,

    Rachel Beth

    ReplyDelete