08 March 2012

ALL ABOARD: LOUIS VUITTON FALL 2012


IT'S ONE OF THOSE GLOOMY, sleep all day, wait for the solar flare to hit kind of days. I've been checking out the fashion shows again. I thought it might be important to showcase LOUIS VUITTON FALL 2012. 

LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE WAS INSPIRED BY FUNNY GIRL.


Kind of a crappy screen shot, I know. There is more than one train scene in the movie, and of course I own the movie. AND OF COURSE apple doesn't allow you to take screen grabs while the DVD player is open. So you'll have to settle for this from a youtube clip of the song.

Or just watch the entire song and see for yourself:


DO YOU spot the "Fanny" inspired ensemble in the picture below?


Anyway, I've got to say that the oversized plush top hats in this collection are much better than the pimp-esque hats of MARC JACOBS FALL 2012. More TIM BURTON and LESS DR. SEUSS. Especially with the ridiculously oversized round rimmed sunglasses.



I think this look is my favorite favorite favorite of the collection because it's not just a gawdy 70's inspired print, like those of the MIU MIU collection. But it's just flat out gorgeous. I wish I could get a close up of the detailing. It makes me want to wear all kinds of dresses with pants. A horrid trend of the 2000's that I hoped would never ever ever resurface. But this makes me wish I had matching pants and dresses.


This collection was just funny, Funny girl.

Images from nymag.com

No comments :

Post a Comment