02 May 2012

CITY LIGHT

BLAZER Thrifted TIE Thrifted V-NECK J. Crew SKIRT Thrifted TIGHTS Target BOOTS Jcp

AND WE'RE BACK! Officially! How appropriate that my first post in the big city is prep school reminiscent, and less than dripping in pastels. 

Look, while everyone is tromping around in their best DAISY BUCHANAN wear, I'm still wearing wool skirts. And yes, the weather actually is still quite cold. So I'm not completely out of place.

I cannot tell you how much I love this outfit. It has everything an outfit I would love would have in it: preppy overtones, ties, polka dots, red, navy, brown, collegiate/nautical, WASP, GOSSIP GIRL, METROPOLITAN everything. YES, somehow I just discovered the genius that is WHIT STILLMAN after seeing his adorable/hilarious/awesome movie DAMSELS IN DISTRESS.

 It's funny how wearing something you wore at a particular time in your life can influence your thoughts. I feel this way with this outfit. And even if there are less than desirable yet still exciting and interesting moments attached to this particular outfit of mine, I still love it.

*         *         *         *        *

SO WHAT SHOULD YOU EXPECT FROM ME IN THE COMING WEEKS?

MORE PREP, MORE TIES (SCREW DETATCHABLE COLLARS, TIES ARE IT! (NOT REALLY THOUGH I STILL LOVE THEM)), LOAFERS LOAFERS LOAFERS, NAVY, RED, PILGRIM SHOES, WHITE, RED-ORANGE, AND A SMALL AMOUNT OF PASTELS.

>>I'm sorry to those who are enamored with the pastel trend. Please, let me assure you I wish I could live in a pastel wonderland. . . but my skin is too olive for that.<<

SO, I believe since I signed some very serious binding contracts with this particular company, that I cannot disclose much, but that I am a newly hired VISUAL MERCHANDISER for AMERICAN APPAREL. I'm so excited to join a company that supports progressive social issues that I completely agree with and support. I also cannot wait to prove my styling worth by creating awesome displays that make you all rush into stores to buy their quality products! (PLUG.)

Life in my neighborhood (where I'm pictured) is nice and finally feeling secure.

XO,

RB.













Images taken by BRIAN GARCIA of HATE YOUR ANSWERING MACHINE.

No comments :

Post a Comment