25 August 2011

VINTAGE LACE







As you may or may not know, this dress is one of the dresses I blogged about last summer in my "Upcoming Projects: Betty Draper Edition". I am so obsessed with the Mad Men fashions (who isn't) and as much as I love everything Betty Draper, Peggy Olsen, and Joan Hollaway wear, I was most interested in all the gorgeous nightgowns I saw on the show.

I mean they just don't make intimates like this anymore. So last summer I finally finished this thing; the beading and the liner. I don't wear it out too much, it's almost too nice!

I love the ethereal summer feeling this nightgown gives. And it's in one of those washed out pastel colors that are were so in this spring/summer. 


I don't know how much to stress this, but imagine if this dress were in a vintage shop. It would definitely be something like $20-40 at least! But I got it at the Salvation Army for $3! Can't beat that. Doesn't take too much money to be fashionable, thats for sure!


Stay tuned for my favorite trends this fall!


RB.


Photos courtesy of Brian Garcia.

No comments :

Post a Comment