20 October 2011

FALL, BE KIND








The weather in Michigan has just been awful the past couple of days. I'm so glad I was able to get this outfit in before the monsoon hit. 

I've been experimenting with ties lately. I love the idea of a tie; I'd love to find some to wear traditionally, but recently I've been trying to find new uses for them. Earlier this week I died to wear one as a headband, and this outfit I'm using it as a belt. I love the way these ties add a little something special to my outfits, making them only slightly more interesting with out taking away from them. They also add some preppy-ness to the outfit which I just must have. I'm hoping to come up with some other interesting ways to wear ties, I just haven't yet.

I'm also wearing a v-neck sweater from J. Crew, a thrifted skirt, wool tights from Target, and heels from Target. I wanted to do something different with my hair so I decided to wear it in a bun and place a bow on my head.

Enjoy!


Images taken by Brian Garcia of Hate Your Answering Machine.

3 comments :

  1. I did a graveyard shoot awhile back myself! LOVING these shots, loving what you have on and that you used a tie for a belt! Fab.!! Would you like to follow each other?

    www.plentyforpennies.com

    Come enter my Shabby Apple Dress Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such an awesome outfit!
    I love it.
    I live in IL so its not that far from Michigcan.
    Haha im not sure im not American...yet..
    Its cold here though so i need some ispirational cold weather outfit.
    xoxo
    District of Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone!

    Baby Budget Blog - I'd love to follow each other! I'm follow you now! :D

    Buky - I'm glad I could inspire you! I try to wear wool tights lot in the winter when I brave the weather in a skirt or dress. I'm actually wearing wool tights in this look! It's a good way to stay warm!

    Thanks for your comments girls! :D

    Love,

    Rachel Beth

    ReplyDelete