17 February 2012

FA 2012 NYFW: STEVEN ALAN, CHARLOTTE RONSON, VICTORIA BECKHAM, KAELEN, TOMMY HILFIGER

STEVEN ALAN:










CHARLOTTE RONSON:







VICTORIA BECKHAM:









KAELEN:







TOMMY HILFIGER:






I KNOW I JUST ACCOSTED YOU with an overwhelming amount of fashion week photos from 5 different designers, but I had to. I feel like I have so much fashion week to make opinions on that there truly is not enough "blogging time in a day" to do so. Not to mention all of the collections I've chosen to blog about thus far kind of exhibit really similar qualities so they sort of go together.

It's almost like NYFW this year was made for me, or really I just love the fall and winter; which I do. The colors; oh gosh, the dark colors. The preppy-ness. I mean I never thought I would be 'endorsing' someone like Victoria Beckham but here I am, in love with her collection. The collars and cuffs are the focus, and damn they deserve it. So long peter pan, hello pointy, stiff, powerful collars that demand your attention. And I'm happy for it. I guess the fashion industry has finally grown up.

AND I SUPPOSE THE NYTIMES was right. Everyone seems to be going au natural. Ditching those overdone cat eyes for a sans makeup and straight hair look, but don't forget that bold lip. Kind of like an "I'm a really confident, powerful, sexy woman that doesn't need to dress overly feminine to prove it" vibe. Seems like a really great image to put forth for women. Let's just hope they start using more realistic looking models. We can dream.

I think the one stand out piece in all of these collections I'm profiling today are the red cropped pants in the STEVEN ALAN collection. They seem a little bit springy. In fact I saw some similar pants at H&M a couple of weeks ago. Maybe that's why I feel they should be worn walking around Monaco, or something. All I know is I love them, and this makes me believe that some red cropped pants would be a perfect addition to my wardrobe, and maybe yours too.

-

Rachel

Images from nymag.com

No comments :

Post a Comment