15 March 2012

LEATHER SICK


IT'S JUST A MADEWELL KINDA WEEK, ISN'T IT? 

I think this must be my last look of WINTER. Spring literally starts next week, and there's no stopping this warm, sunny weather we're having. I'm truly sad to see the colder weather go. . . I love the dark colors, warm knits, and my enormous and ever growing tight collection. That doesn't mean I can't wear tights in the spring and summer. But it just doesn't seem right. Why would I be wearing black tights in 80 degree weather? Because it goes with the outfit? No. Here's what I say to bloggers that "wear" tights in the summer: slap some socks on under your sandals if you feel like your outfit is lacking without tights.

BUT HERE IS MY FINISH TO WINTER.

 I got this dress on sale from Madewell right after Christmas. I couldn't leave the store without this dress because it seemed so different than most of the things they sell, yet still seems to fit in. It reminds me of some goth, bondage, hospital gown. Obviously this dress isn't SCREAMING "goth bondage hospital gown" but the leather trimming just gives this subtle edginess to this all together simple night gown dress.

I have this new obsession with headbands. It seemed perfect to debut this obsession with this dress too, since the headbands I like are $6 goody cotton bands. Nothing fancy. It also seemed perfect to introduce everyone to my new hairdo since we're celebrating the rebirth of the earth. I've decided to grow out my bangs. GASP. Yes I'm growing out my bangs. I've been BANGIN for almost my entire life, with a very short year spurt of no bands when I was 18. These headbands are helping me adjust to the "no bang" look, while also making my excited to wear these headbands out this summer (came in three colors: gray, navy, black).

BUT BACK TO THE DRESS. You can go on the Madewell website right now, go to the sale section, and buy this dress. Which seems pretty cool since I don't normally showcase too many outfits you all can actually just flat out buy. BUT I wouldn't recommend it. I think this dress is on sale for something like, $119? I didn't pay that much for it, and frankly I wouldn't spend that much on anything except maybe a jacket, or a pair of boots. 

SCRATCH THAT, I guess per MADEWELL'S WEBSITE:

We're sorry. This item has been so popular, it has sold out. We've got other great ideas--just call us 866 544 1937, we're here to help. 
SO THERE YOU HAVE IT. 


Just yesterday it wasn't sold out. I guess this really is a good time to post this look.


I'LL SEE YOU BACK HERE IN SPRING. (I'll still be blogging though!)


LOVE,


RACHEL B.








No comments :

Post a Comment