27 March 2012

MARCH 2012 VOGUE EDITORIALS: PASTELS, PRINTS, & POSITIVITY

VOGUE MAGAZINE - MARCH 2012 



EDITORIALS



"ETERNAL OPTIMISM"


IT'S AMAZING how an editorial can create an atmosphere about clothing that is retro and powerful, even when the clothes aren't necessarily screaming "BOSSY". The cutouts, necklines, and exposed shoulders and bare midriffs are all sex, the pastels are all infantile spring, but the painted skyscraper backgrounds and beehive hairstyles only point to strong, career climbing women.





All the scenes also seem to suggest that these women are gossips. Kinda points to a "HOW TO SUCCEED IT BUSINESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING" theme. At least, that's how I want to see it. I would hate to assume that Vogue magazine would do anything but promote good, healthy, images of women.




"VISION QUEST"



I love how this article showcases the prints, rather than the overall styling of it all. Although the "urban, graffiti" theme seems a bit trite. BOLD, OUTRAGEOUS, FUN prints, kinda deserve something a little more interesting, don't you think?






"TESTINO ROYALE"



THIS "ARTICLE" is really more of an EDITORIAL to showcase MARIO TESTINO, the photographer's stunning style. There's so much to look at in these pictures, I just admire the way the model becomes a piece of art within every scene. She never absorbs all of the attention. She's always the second focal point.








"MOD ERN ARTS"



ANOTHER PERFECTLY COMPLIMENTARY BACKGROUND TO FOREGROUND EDITORIAL. I think I'm biased when I say that this is my favorite of the magazine. It's the most "fun", "interesting" and the sinking cars are practically a nod to the MOTOR CITY and it's FAMOUS HEIDELBERG PROJECT.



BUT REGARDLESS OF THAT, I love that this is the antithesis to the "ETERNAL OPTIMISM" editorial. An alternative for us ladies who really aren't interested in looking doll-like, decked out in pastels and lace.





X AND O,

RB.

1 comment :

  1. Oh my gosh, I'm blushing! WOW! Thank you so much for this lovely lovely lovely comment! I love your blog, I love your style and I am deeply flattered that you like my blog!! Thank you!

    Love,

    Me :)

    ReplyDelete