06 March 2012

PRIMARILY SPEAKING PART 4: OVERBOARD



REMEMBER THIS?


YES THIS IS STILL GOING ON! FIND LOOK ONE, TWO, AND THREE AT THEIR RESPECTIVE LINKS!

I took a minor break from posting my 5-LOOK SUGARLIPS COLLABORATION because there have been major changes in my life. Yes, major changes! My photographer is gone for good. That doesn't mean that I won't reunite with my photographer eventually,  just means that I'll have to enlist a family member to take photos until then.

If you haven't already noticed, it's trendy to have a photographer/lover/partner/boyfriend. And in that way, I'm following a major trend. The boyfriend as photographer trend. It's sad to see him, my boyfriend, move away. But the exciting thing is that he is making both of our dreams come true. And don't let that statement fool you. I'm still an independent femmy woman. It just so happens he got a interview/job prospect in the biggest city in the world before I did.

So I spent the weekend helping de-stress, and just spend time with him before he went. There's my REAL LIFE UPDATE.

BACK TO FANTASY LIFE -- FASHION BLOGGER "EXTRAORDINAIRE". This SUGARLIPS  DRESS is fabulously basic, which has made it pretty simple to integrate into my wardrobe and pair it with practically all of my favorite statement pieces. WELCOME ABOARD MY PREPPY SAILOR ANDROGYNOUS DREAM BOAT, WHERE FASHION RULES ARE THROWN OVERBOARD.

Do people really actually follow those ridiculous fashion rules anymore, anyway? Like no white after labor day? Never wear black and brown? Black and Navy? Obviously I'm no stranger to being a rule breaker. I love how this seemingly "bodycon" PRIMARILY SPEAKING striped dress gets a real down to earth, sexy-striping makeover by just placing this over-sized career woman navy blazer over it. It could easily translate to CAPTAIN with an awesome YACHT HAT. Although I'm not one to really mix fashion and costumes.

Something like this outfit is really quite easy. That's what I've really been trying to get across to you, my readers. Be who you are, and when you are, it's easy, effortless, and can be really inexpensive. 

I'LL LEAVE YOU WITH THAT, AND ALL OF ME.

LOVE,

RACHEL B.




IMAGES TAKEN BY BRIAN GARCIA OF HATE YOUR ANSWERING MACHINE.

No comments :

Post a Comment