25 April 2012

OH WHAT A DAY I'VE HAD TODAY




HELLO, ALL.

I hope you are all enjoying my various posts from weeks past. I just wanted to check in with my readers. I'm still planning on outfits this week. It's been such a hectic few days in the city. I started a new job, have two more job opportunities that if pan out will be AWESOME and DREAMS-COME-TRUE jobs. So many things have happened so quickly since I last posted, which has made it difficult to get out and take photos. Not to mention that we had a HURRICANE (not literally, but) come through on Sunday. GROSS.

Just to leave you all with a taste of things to come, hopefully tomorrow, if not FRIDAY, some new shoes that have been added to my ever growing shoe collection:

ETIENNE AIGNER LOAFERS:




THESE SHOES WERE PURCHASED WITH THE UTMOST EXCITEMENT AND LUCK. I went to the Salvation Army a month ago just perusing. I found these darlings while looking for some loafers to update my wardrobe. They just starred at me in all their genuine leather, never worn, gorgeousness. And then I saw they were $11.99. And then I moved on.




Turns out, I couldn't get them out of my mind. I mean, look at them? And a nice designer brand, practically brand new, and everything I was looking for in a LOAFER. And so, a week later, my hopes so HIGH I practically floated, I went to the Salvation Army to pick up my shoes. There they were, untouched, all mine. I was prepared to pay full price, it was a steal for these anyway. BUT I GOT LUCKY. They were half off. Can't beat $6.00.


JCP BOOTS:




THE STORY ABOUT THESE SHOES IS ALMOST AS GOOD AS THE LOAFERS, IF NOT BETTER. I had desperately wanted these boots last fall to tromp around the snow in. On BLACK FRIDAY they went on sale for $29.99, which felt worth it; you don't see boots like these every day.

TURNS OUT, I couldn't make it to the sales in time because the boots SOLD OUT. So I thought I had lost them forever. Fast forward to March, I decide to go to the mall with my family, something we don't normally ever do. I decided to check out the "NEW JCP", since they had just recently changed over their business model and image.




I don't really buy many clothes from JCP, but I do find them to have relatively inexpensive, trendy, and of moderate quality footwear. Naturally, on this day, I was drawn to their shoe department to check out their spring sandals and pumps. They also happened to be having amazing boot sales (as were many other department stores). So while looking for through the boots, I SAW THEM. ONE PAIR, SIZE 6. I nearly cried. I couldn't believe it. Someone must have returned them. I told they sales lady practically in tears about my love for these boots and how I never thought I'd see them again. She thought I was nuts. 

I THINK THOSE OF US WHO DIE OVER FASHION ARE A LITTLE BIT NUTS.


TARGET SANDALS:



I GOT THESE STRAPY BLACK SANDALS A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO ON SALE. No great story about them, just that I wanted to add some new black sandals to my collection and the minimal straps really work for me right now.




THAT IS ALL. I PROMISE OUTFIT PHOTOS SOON. And some major, less elusive life updates. I just really don't want to jinx this one! 

XO,

RB.

No comments :

Post a Comment