14 September 2011

GRAVEYARD GIRL








I kind of have this thing for graveyards. It's this weird love-hate, cool-not cool, beautiful-frightening relationship. When I was a student, I used to live across the street from this gorgeous graveyard with big trees that would litter the headstones with the most colorful leaves. And in the winter, a warm, white blanket of snow would lay all the bones to sleep. Sometimes I would be frightened by the idea of walking the side of the street that held the graveyard, even though I really admired its beauty.

When my Papiere (grandfather) passed away this summer, in the little town of Rogersville, New Brunswick, I visited the small graveyard to learn more about my ancestry. Family is so very important to me, especially where I come from. Walking through the graveyard and indulging in the way an old or new gravestone can really be a work of art made me reevaluate what I thought about graveyards. 


I love this old headstone. The weather has made it even more beautiful than it was before. I'm wearing my new Bonlook Petite Bourgeoisie glasses! I'm so so so satisfied with my glasses. I love everything about them. The quality is phenomenal, the price is unbeatable. They came with an amazing black case, and a small clear traveling case with cleaner, a cleaning cloth, and a keychain glasses screw driver. 

Bonlook didn't give me these glasses for free and they're not paying me to say this, so you can trust my judgement of them. But I'm so completely satisfied, that I had to say something. So if you're in the market for new glasses or sunglasses and you want a trendy new look, you should really check them out.


I'm also wearing one of my new fall dresses. I got this great dress from Forever 21. I love the detailing, the rose print, the exposed back with huge buttons. This dress is so comfortable. Not to mention it's a perfect print for fall. Honestly, it could even be warn in warm weather, but I like it for fall. 

Hope the weather is as nice as it is here, wherever you are!


Love,

RB.


Images taken by Brian Garcia of Hate Your Answering Machine

1 comment :

  1. love your outfit! the photoshoot in the graveyard is super super cool. your blog is great especially the pics from FNO!

    xoxo - christina

    fashionstamina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete