17 October 2011

KATE SPADE SPRING 2012





I stumbled upon the Spring 2012 Kate Spade collection from twitter (You can always follow me on twitter, here). I love how easy it is to keep up with designers, friends, fashion, and news on twitter. Anyway, although I'm not a huge Kate Spade fan (which is weird because I'm a self declared prep), I just thought this collection was totally me and totally impeccably designed.

I love the adorable print on the Vespa, the gorgeous prints, that large black and white jacket and the model's 'tude. The colors are bright but not over done. Just gorgeous.

* * * * * *

Surely, it's time to get personal now. If you may or may not have noticed, I haven't been updating as frequently as I have in the past. Sometimes this little thing I have here can be quite overwhelming; the self inflicted blog post deadlines can pressure me into writing about things that don't necessarily interest me all that much. Last week I actually took a break from taking pictures. I'm not a model, and with this I'm certainly not trying to be one, but taking pictures is a lot harder than it looks! Some days if I'm not feeling particularly confident it's hard to bear it all and be vulnerable in front of the camera and try to look half way decent.

I think it's a part of fashion blogging that readers don't really know about. I know when I was just a fashion blog reader, not writer, I had no idea the time and effort it took for the bloggers to post every day or even three times a week. I just thought thats what they look like every day and it takes nothing for them to pose for 5 or so pictures before they end their day or even begin it. Let's just say, now I know, and I have a greater, a much greater, appreciation for it.

That being said, sometimes life just gets in the way of things. Our emotions cloud our vision of the future and make it really difficult to see thing optimistically. And sometimes, that just makes me uninterested in taking pictures and more interested in vegge-ing out in front of the TV or just spending time with loved ones. I'm a human being, a normal, average, 23 year old lady. I have my days.


Either way, to my loyal fans, sit tight! I took pictures this weekend, and I can't wait to show you! I'm thinking about making some detachable collars. How about a DIY? I know you probably saw the one on rookiemag.com but mine will be better! 


Thanks for reading,


Rachel Beth.


POST EDIT:

A few weeks ago I was approached to be featured on refinery29.com's website for campus fashion! I was in fact featured! Check it out



Images from katespade.com, and refinery29.com

No comments :

Post a Comment