02 November 2011

POCKETS FULL






I've been dying to wear my fall jacket for my blog. I finally found the look I wanted to put forth. I actually took totally different pictures in my coat about 3 or 4 weeks ago but I hated the way they turned out. So I scraped that completely and started again.

There are so many things that go into these outfit shoots. It's just as important that the setting fits the outfit and enhances the overall look and aesthetic that I want to put forth. So the last time I was wearing this coat, the setting really just didn't speak to the jacket or how it makes me feel when I wear it. It didn't enhanced the autumnal silhouette that I think the jacket has.

That's the beauty of marketing, right? Something that is chic, has to have an overall chic-ness that involves hair, makeup, accessories, and setting. That's what draws you into an outfit, sparks the desire to look, feel, strive to be a certain way, dress a certain way, live a specific lifestyle.

I got this jacket many seasons ago from Old Navy for $12. A little more than I normally spend but for 3 years of good use, it's been totally worth it. I get stopped on the street still when I'm wearing this to receive compliments.

I'm so excited to show you what I've got going on tomorrow. It's something really different than what I've done before! It was so much fun shooting yesterday and putting together!

Love,

Rachel Beth


Images taken by Brian Garcia of Hate Your Answering Machine.

No comments :

Post a Comment