09 November 2011

VERSACE FOR H&M





As if the Missoni for Target collaboration wasn't huge enough, the next major affordable designer line is that of Versace's for H&M, which was unveiled in a fashion show event featuring Prince. Honestly, I'm not a fan of Versace really at all. I can respect the ridiculous print pairs, vibrant colors, and over the top sex appeal of the brand. They really just aren't my style, and maybe are better suited for the likes of those  living in an uber tan, Miami esque environment.

There are items in this collection however that I do find less than bordering on the conventional Versace sexiness. I love the leather and stud detailing. The leather caps and hard make up mimics Donatella Versace herself, but in a less aging manner. I also happen to be literally, in love, with the mod heart dress with the fringe. It's perfectly wearable and not too much color for me.




And since Versace is less than colorless, the seemingly Willy Wonka inspired commercial that will showcase the collection to Middle America and beyond seems to fit right along. 

Although, I find it hard to understand who the intended purchaser is for this collection. H&M is supposed to be affordable fashion; a.k.a not $199 for a dress. I'll be interested to see how quickly these items stay in stock.


RB.

No comments :

Post a Comment