13 December 2011

BOW WOW WOW








Hello there, blog followers! I know you've all been waiting for me to get back to consistently posting outfits on here. How do I know this? Well because I can see you looking at me.

I should probably explain myself for a little while here. I've been taking "outfit breaks" because as much as I love showcasing my personal style, and I suppose that is one big portion of what this blog is, I don't want it to be the focus. I like taking breaks and just blogging, writing, about fashion news, trends, what-not. What I really want is to give people a space to read my opinion about how the fashion industry functions. Because what I'm not trying to be on here is a model. Contrary to maybe popular belief, I don't know. Because I know a lot of fashion bloggers themselves want to be models but are too short to be models in real life. So they create a fashion blog. That's not me.

I want to write about fashion. I graduated with an English degree, not an Art degree. And not that I'm putting that down. I'm just not interested in launching my modeling career through my blog. I'm actually interested in launching my writing career; which I believe is what a blog is for. Or at least what they were created for, writing.

I'm wearing positively one of my absolute favorite dresses in my closet. I probably overwear this dress in the winter and fall season, but I can't get enough of the simplicity and the color scheme. I love the almost neutral army green color that is playing together with the black of the bow collar. And the bow collar! The huge bow on the collar! Could an impossibly boring shift dress get any more exciting and adorable than with a collar like that? Obviously not.

I'm also wearing it with some wool tights. If you think you're going to fair the cold wearing in some synthetic nylons, you've got another thing coming. I over wear these tights so much that I should probably get some new ones, but they are the best things to have if you're planning on wearing dresses and skirts in a cold weather climate. I used to have some that had a Missoni-like zig zag pattern but they were so worn that I got this pair. I love the sweater like quality of the pattern on it. It's so minimal it almost goes unnoticed but adds a nice bit of texture. 

I also wanted to showcase my Olsenboye "Cupcake" heels I got from JCPenney. I love cut outs, the bows, the suede. I guess these little babies earned me "Trendsetter" status on Chictopia. Anyway, I wanted to complete the "bows" in this outfit. I don't think they are overly feminine or twee. I think they just create a nice, semi-gender neutral sophistication.


Love,

Rachel Beth



Images taken by Brian Garcia of Hate Your Answering Machine.

No comments :

Post a Comment