24 January 2012

SANS LE MAQUILLAGE, AVEC L'AMOUR


SO HERE WE GO. It's the first 'LOOK' of the New Year. 2012. What will is bring? What will my looks bring? I'm hoping to bring a bit more cohesiveness to my pictures. Everything shot in the same place with the same look. I love the way nature can inspire and affect the entire look of an outfit. But I want to stay warm, and have less reliance on the weather. So most of my outfits will probably shot inside, in my room.

Not too long ago, I blogged about where I want my fashion sense, my style, to evolve. I've always been a passionate person, and right now my passions seem to be revolving around changing my self image, and the weight society has on that. I've never been one to put too much emphasis on societies perceptions, but I've definitely allowed those around me to shape the way I think about myself. It's hard not to. All of the sudden this subjective view of yourself is shattered by those around you, whom you think are being objective. But really they are just trying to harm your confidence, and sell you a product.

I've always been an overly feminine girl. A 'girly girl'. Moving slowly away from that is very liberating; allowing myself to find the beauty in who I am, the way that I was born to look. I've been hoping to ditch the all dresses look and incorporate more suiting. This is a slow process! I'm not extremely rich. I don't get clothing handed to me. So, adding in quality pants takes money; and time for me to earn it.

I've also always been a prep at heart. I got this houndstooth brown/black shoulder padded cropped jacket from the Salvation Army right before Christmas. I'm obsessed with it. OBSESSED. I love the power in the shoulder pads. I have such a feminine, petite frame that the shoulder pads square me off and create this large and I think nice contrast. I also like how it's contrasting two eras, the power of the 80's and mod of the 60's.

I think you've seen this skirt before. I love the fact that I've gotten so much wear out of it. I think one of the BIGGEST reasons I started this blog is just to show a REAL Fashion Blogger. Someone who doesn't get handouts (sure I've gotten a couple; I've turned down a lot). Someone who doesn't have an expendable bank account. Someone who is shopping at MIDDLE AMERICA type shops. I have always loved Fashion Blogs, been inspired by them. But how does that translate to the REAL BUDGET? This is it.


SO WHY THE FRENCH TITLE? WITHOUT MAKEUP, WITH LOVE?


Well, here I am. Happy with being flawed, imperfect me. I have absolutely, 100% NO MAKEUP on in this photo, minus the obvious (lipstick). Are this photos photoshopped? Yes, I've made my a slight bit warmer. But I've done nothing with my face. And I'm happy to say I feel satisfied. I'm happy to be giving up the discomfort of makeup. I'm happy to be giving my true self a go and accepting me.

You should too! On a final note, I could literally live in this outfit forever.

Love,

Rachel Beth











Images taken by Brian Garcia of Hate Your Answering Machine.

No comments :

Post a Comment