22 February 2012

I WANT TO TAKE YOU OUT



I REALLY WANT TO START THINKING FORWARD, assembling a wardrobe for spring. THIS can be a difficult task for me since I've been so embroiled in FASHION WEEK and the colors of fall.  Also, the weather in MICHIGAN goes from snow to rain, snow to rain every few days. 

I've got to start looking back at spring inspirations. I really love the idea of everything white, everything pastels. But honestly, it's just the idea of it that I love. I'm not really sure if that is a facet of my personality, truly. I'm not sure I can really see myself decked out in some MIAMI VICE type attire. Because I'm sure thats what I might look like, with a bunch of pastel blazers? I don't know. I'm really not into being completely girly girly, foofy foofy. I really want to mix having a romantic style that isn't overwhelmingly romantic and feminine. I want it to hint at femininity, yet still be semi androgynous. 

So I guess that's kind of what I'm trying to do with this outfit. I'm so inspired by catalogs; is that weird? There's something so easy about assembling outfits based on catalog outfits. So basically the J. CREW catalog gives me all of the ideas I need to really create an outfit all my own. 

So, I've been really interested in this idea of pairing "sweats" with "non-sweats". So here I am wearing this red sweatshirt I thrifted for $1.00. I've paired it with a wool J. CREW mini skirt and my velvet collar. The sweatshirt really isn't a sweatshirt anymore with these two items. Somehow it becomes a comfortable cotton red sweater that looks adorable with the large pockets of the skirt. So I guess this normally dowdy type of clothing item looks feminized. 

And I'm doing something I NEVER DO. I'm showing off one of my thrifted purses. I got this purse for $1.50. It looks like a simple, elegant, coach bag. I think it goes well with this outfit, so why not?


 Love,

RB.









Images taken by Brian Garcia of Hate Your Answering Machine.

No comments :

Post a Comment