23 February 2012

MOURNING



DRESS -- TARGET          GLASSES -- JOE BRAND (MEN'S)

 I'M MOURNING THE DEATH OF NOSTALGIA in my nostalgic dress. I once bought this dress with the intention of trying to include longer length dresses and skirts into my wardrobe. MID LENGTH skirts and dresses are definitely on trend. Unfortunately, or fortunately, trendy items don't always fit a person's style, even if you like them very much. Like MID LENGTH skirts on me. I'm a relatively short-average sized lady, 5'5''. What I've learned is that any skirt thats "longer", mid length or floor, really makes me feel shorter than I really am. And really only best worn with massive heels.

SO THIS '50's throwback dress really doesn't work too well on my body, or really any throwback items. And so I'm mourning. 

IT'S TIME TO MOVE FOWARD FROM THIS DESIRE TO GET BACK TO A BETTER TIME. I'd never want to live in the Mad Men age, even if I do admire the fashion.

RB.








Images taken by Brian Garcia of Hate Your Answering Machine.

No comments :

Post a Comment