13 February 2012

SHOE SALE



IN A WEIRD, EPIPHANY-LIKE moment yesterday, while drying my hair, IT CAME TO ME. The other thing I wanted to tell all of you about on Saturday night! I just so happened to be purusing the racks of my local Target, looking at the damage of the JASON WU line. Usually when I am bored I go shopping. And I mean it doesn't even include buying anything really, but I just like to be "in the know" of what my local discount retailers are carrying.

Last Summer/Fall I posted about some adorable Wedges that Target featured in their "Fall Collection" commercial. I even posted about them later when they were finally released, able for sale. What I never blogged about later was whether or not I purchased them. Obviously, I didn't. 

When they hit the selves of my local store, I tried them on. I walked around the store. I deliberated about these shoes. I was honestly about to break my number one rule of shopping at Target, or really anywhere, purchasing something I want "AT FULL PRICE". Initially I thought that if I loved these shoes as much as I loved the idea of them, "splurging" on them at $29.99 would be worth it. I could definitely justify it.

But what I came to the conclusion was that I didn't love these shoes. I loved the idea of them. I quickly realized that wedges may flatter some, but they are not flattering to me, on me. They don't really fit with my style, the image I want to portray of myself, or the style I want to emulate. Not to mention they make my feet look clunky and hoof-like.

BUT while I was walking around Target, I noticed a whole isle filled with half off shoes. And what shoes did I see? Those wedges. I wouldn't buy them now, even though they are half off because I would never purchase something I really didn't want just because they are on sale. Yet I wanted to let all of my readers know that if they were as enamored with the shoes as I was, and happen to love wedges and the way they look, they should hurry on down to their local Target and buy them up!


I can't seem to find them online, but I am positive they are in store, on sale. But probably not for long, for $14.99, or something.


*        *        *        *        *


In other news,  have you been checking out NYFW? Should be blogging about my favorite looks/collections soon. Probably will NOT be blogging about the GRAMMY Awards because the "fashions" exhibited on the "carpet" were an abomination in my opinion. Except for Adele. 

Love,

Rachel B.

No comments :

Post a Comment